Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dinner is Served

Okay, so I challenged my fellow bloggers and readers last week to cook a colorful and appealing meal and blog about it to give me inspiration.

Well, I've been pleasantly surprised with the response. First, Kristi showed a very colorful dinner on a very colorful plate, Debbie posted a yummy looking Mexican fiesta and Kecia followed up with a delicious Mexican soup. Thanks guys for your enthusiasm!

Now its' my turn. First of all, it's really HARD to photograph food and make it look appetizing. Gives you a whole new appreciation for cookbooks and cooking magazines.

I have two entries: My first was a yummy shrimp salad, that is more suited to summer than fall, but what can I say, I was going for color: lettuce, carrots, red pepper, green onion, & bay shrimp.
The second was from dinner tonight: veggie taters (a favorite of my mom's and inspired by a favorite restaurant Food for Thought in Missoula). Simply red potatoes, red onion, red pepper sauteed with chicken apple sausages and cheese melted on top. I photoed before the sausage and the cheese, so it would look prettier. We also ate teeny-tiny brussel sprouts from our garden. If anyone out there still wants to participate, please do. If you don't have your own blog, email me the photos and I'll post them here. Until then, happy cooking.

6 comments:

The Chandler Family said...

Wow...two dinners! Very impressive.

Kristi said...

looks awesome...the salad is my favorite.
I am a little horrified that my entry was taken seriously. I will have to submit another one later.

Anonymous said...

Nice job Julia!
P.S.
I'm still stuffed from Kristi's colorful meal

Lori said...

Ach, well crap! I thought I was supposed to post ON Thursday, not BY Thursday. I suck. I'll have to put a post together later tonight.

Kola Family said...

Yum, veggie taters ala Food for Thought...my mouth is watering. And that salad looks deee-lish! Nice job!!!

Jill said...

lori, i didn't mean to rush you. there is no time limit, post whenever you can and I'll happily link to it!